Accessible Customer Service Plan for Ontario
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Superior Memorials is committed to excellence in serving all members of the public including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by people with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities, Superior Memorials will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. This notice will be placed on main entrance door to our premises.
Training for Employees
Superior Memorials will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services. Superior Memorials will provide training to employees who deal with members of the public who enter our premises. New Staff will be trained on Accessible Customer Service within 1 month of being hired.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 205 and the requirements of the Customer Service Standard.
- Superior Memorial's plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Superior Memorial's goods and services.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Superior Memorials provides goods and service to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following way:
- By Phone: (519) 745-6136
- By Fax: (519) 745-9510
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Letter: Superior Memorials, 528 Victoria St. N., Kitchener, ON N2H 5G1
All feedback or complaints should be directed to the President. A response can be expected as soon as practicable.
Notice of Availability
Superior Memorials will notify the public that our policies are available upon request and are posted on our website.
Modifications to this or other Policies
Any policy, practice or procedure of Superior Memorials that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.-----
This document is available in an alternate format on request - Print, PDF, HTML